Q. For library employees: When should I notify Janet S. that the public printer needs service?
- When the printer displays the message Install MK. (This means it's time for the service technician to install a maintenance kit. The printer will continue to work normally.)
- When the printer displays the message Call Maintenance followed by a numeric code.
- When paper is jammed in the feed rollers or paper trays and can't be freed by gently and evenly pulling the paper out. Stop pulling if the paper starts to tear.
- When you hear a persistent high-pitched whine from the printer.
- When you hear noises from the printer that sound like grinding plastic or metal.
- When a plastic or metal part of the printer has been broken.
Don't put an "out of order" sign on the printer when it's showing the Install MK message. For the other problems, please turn the printer off and put an "out of order" sign on it.
When you report the printer problem to Janet, please give her a detailed description of the issue so she can relay the information to the service technician.